September 15, 2011 - May 10, 2012
You Know You Want In
Britt Robertson as Cassie Blake
The Secret Circle started filming on July 18th in Vancouver, Canada.
Cassie Blake was a happy, normal teenage girl - until her mother Amelia Blake dies in what appears to be a tragic accidental fire. Orphaned and deeply saddened, Cassie moves in with her warm and loving grandmother, Jane Blake, in the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington - the town her mother left so many years ago - where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she does about herself.
As Cassie gets to know her high school classmates, including sweet-natured Diana Meade and her handsome boyfriend Adam Conant, brooding loner Nick Armstrong, mean-girl Faye Chamberlain and her sidekick Melissa Glaser, strange and frightening things begin to happen. When her new friends explain that they are all descendants from powerful witches, and they've been waiting for Cassie to join them and complete a new generation of the The Secret Circle, Cassie refuses to believe them - until Adam shows her how to unlock her incredible magical powers.
But it's not until Cassie discovers a message from her mother in an old leather-bound book of spells hidden in her mother's childhood bedroom, that she understands her true and dangerous destiny. What Cassie and the others don't yet know is that darker powers are at play, powers that might be linked to the adults in the town, including Diana's father and Faye's mother - and that Cassie's mother's death might not have been an accident.
- Chapter I: The Beginning Chapter: (Ep. 101 - 105) This chapter focuses on Cassie Blake's arrival to Chance Harbor, Washington after the tragic death of her mother. Upon her arrival, Cassie is quickly introduced to Diana Meade, Adam Conant, Faye Chamberlain, Nick Armstrong, and Melissa Glaser and is later told that she is witch and she completes their Circle. After they bind their circle, forces from outside of Chance Harbor begin to put them in danger as they dig deeper into figuring out what happened sixteen years ago that lead to so many deaths of the Circle's parents. It also focuses on Dawn Chamberlain and Charles Meade setting up their plans to regain their lost powers since they were stripped away from them by the Elders, the grandparents of the current circle, after what happened sixteen years ago.
- Chapter II: The Witch Hunters Chapter: (Ep. 106 - 109) This chapter deals with the arrival of Jake Armstrong after the death of his brother, Nick Armstrong, and his mission to abolish the Circle with the help of the Witch Hunters. It also involves the power shift in Charles and Dawn's quest for power as well as the introduction of Cassie's dark magic and her family tree on her father's side of the family.
- Chapter III: The Dark Magic Chapter: (Ep. 110 - 114) This chapter centers on Cassie's growing dark powers as well as learning more about her father, John Blackwell, and his past. It is within this chapter when the truth about what really happened to the Circle's parents sixteen years ago is revealed. It also begins Faye's distance from the Circle as she seeks to regain her individual powers back with the help of Lee Labeque, as well as the growing friendship between Diana and Melissa, who is finally moving on from mourning Nick. This chapter also includes Charles' and Dawn's plans being set back as they no longer seem to see eye to eye any longer, and it leads to involving Adam's father, Ethan Conant, into the mix.
- Chapter IV: The Return and Revelation Chapter: (Ep. 115 - 122) This chapter begins with the return of John Blackwell and the mystery that revolves around his return to Chance Harbor. The Witch Hunters are also back and so is their leader, Eben, an unknown supernatural creature, who is after John Blackwell since his escape from the boat accident sixteen years ago. It will also deal with more knowledge of what happened sixteen years ago, the return of the Elders, and the continuation of Charles and Dawn's plan as Charles also begins to plot against Blackwell. It deals with the hunt for the crystals to defeat Eben and the witch hunters, and the unexpected resurrection of Nick Armstrong who turns out to be working with the witch hunters. It also revealed John Blackwell's true intention on why he came back to Chance Harbor: to create a Dark Circle with his children, Cassie and Diana with other four Balcoin children from other Circles of the East Coast.
Timeline of events
- August 15, 2011 - Amelia Blake dies in a fire by Charles.
- September 15, 2011 - Cassie moves to Chance Harbor and moves in with her grandmother, Jane.
- September 16, 2011 - Cassie's first day of school. She meets Adam, Diana, Faye, Nick and Melissa.
- October 18, 2011 (appr) - Nick dies.
- October 20, 2011 - Nick's Wake.
- October 31, 2011 - Halloween party occurs.
- November 4, 2011 (appr) - Henry's found dead.
- November 7, 2011 (appr) - Jake is exposed as a witch hunter and leaves town.
- Late November, 2011 (off-screen) - Jane leaves town to see a witch doctor.
- December, 2011 - Diana's grandmother Kate drops in for a visit.
(Time jump to 2012 occurs)
- January, 2012 - Fire/Ice Winter dance occurs.
- January, 2012 - Jake returns to town.
- January 28, 2012 - Adam celebrates his birthday at the Grill.
- February 14, 2012 - Faye and Melissa throw a girls only anti-Valentine’s Day slumber party for themselves and fellow witches Diana and Cassie.
- February 19, 2012 (appr) - John Blackwell comes back in Chance Harbor.
- February 20, 2012 (appr) - Lee's girlfriend Eva wakes up from her coma.
- February 21 and 22, 2012 (appr) - Adam and Cassie have sex, and John plants a fake curse on their relationship causing them to drink a potion to make them forget about their love.
- February 22, 2012 (appr) - Charles heals Jane with his crystal.
- February 25, 2012 - Faye's 17th birthday occurs off-screen (as confirmed on-screen in Crystal)
- March, 2012 - Eben returns and tries to resurrect demons.
- March, 2012 - Jane returns home, and works with Charles to kill John, but John fools them, and Jane is supposely killed.
- March, 2012 - Cassie learns Diana is her half-sister and a Blackwell.
- March 28, 2012 - Cassie's 17th birthday (as confirmed on-screen in Crystal)
- Britt Robertson as Cassie Blake - 22/22
- Thomas Dekker as Adam Conant - 22/22
- Phoebe Tonkin as Faye Chamberlain - 22/22
- Shelley Hennig as Diana Meade - 22/22
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Melissa Glaser - 20/22
- Chris Zylka as Jake Armstrong - 17/22
- Gale Harold as Charles Meade - 16/22
- Natasha Henstridge as Dawn Chamberlain - 15/22
- Ashley Crow as Jane Blake - 9/22 (killed by John Blackwell in Crystal)
- Louis Hunter as Nick Armstrong - 7/22 (killed by Charles in Slither, returned in Traitor, and killed again by Melissa in Prom)
- Adam Harrington as Ethan Conant - 9/22
- Joe Lando as John Blackwell - 8/22 (killed by Cassie and Diana in Family)
- Grey Damon as Lee Labeque - 7/22 (killed by Eva in Lucky)
- Sammi Rotibi as Eben - 6/22 (killed by Jake in Family)
- JR Bourne as Isaac - 5/22 (killed by Eben)
- Tim Phillips as Grant - 5/22
- Michael Graziadei as Callum - 4/22
- Alexia Fast as Eva - 4/22
- Tom Butler as Henry Chamberlain - 3/22 (killed by Dawn in Bound)
- Logan Browning as Sally Matthews - 2/22
- Hiro Kanagawa as Calvin Wilson - 2/22 (killed by Jake in Masked)
- Zachary Abel as Luke - 2/22 (killed by Cassie in Masked)
- Richard Harmon as Ian - 2/22 (killed by Nick in Traitor)
- Stepfanie Kramer as Kate Meade - 2/22
- Emily Holmes as Amelia Blake - 1/22 (killed by Charles in Pilot)
- Dave Baez as Zachary Larson - 1/22
- Ben Cotton as Wade Barnes - 1/22
- Camille Sullivan as Heather Barnes - 1/22 (killed in Heather)
- Luisa D'Oliveira as Simone - 1/22 (killed by Jake in Wake)
- Taylor Dianne Robinson as Young Faye Chamberlain - 1/22
- Arlen Escarpeta as Holden Glaser - 1/22
- Owen Mason as Young Jake Armstrong - 1/22
- Nina Kiri as Young Lucy Gibbons - 1/22
- Cindy Busby as Sara Armstrong - 1/22
- Marcus Rosner as Richard Armstrong - 1/22
- Lauren Stamile as Lucy Gibbons - 1/22 (killed by Eben in Medallion)
- Callum Gunn as the Pizza Delivery Guy - 1/22
- Chad Rook as Samuel - 1/22 (killed by John Blackwell in Sacrifice)
- John De Lancie as Royce Armstrong - 1/22
- Andrea Brooks as Young Amelia Blake - 1/22
- Chad Willett as James Conant - 1/22
- Elise Gatien as Elizabeth Meade -1/22
List of nominations and awards
|2012||The Secret Circle||Favorite New TV Drama||Nominated|
Episode List: (2011-2012)
|Image||Title||Production||Original Airdate||Original Rating||#||Season Number|
|Pilot|| Written by: Andrew Miller|
Directed by: Liz Friedlander
|15 September 2011||3.05/1.3||1||1.01|
|Cassie Blake was a happy, normal teenage girl - until her mother Amelia dies in what appears to be a tragic accidental fire. Orphaned and deeply saddened, Cassie moves in with her warm and loving grandmother Jane in the beautiful small town of Chance Harbor, Washington - the town her mother left so many years before - where the residents seem to know more about Cassie than she does about herself. As Cassie gets to know her high school classmates, including sweet-natured Diana and her handsome boyfriend Adam, brooding loner Nick, mean-girl Faye and her sidekick Melissa, strange and frightening things begin to happen.|
|Bound|| Written by: Andrew Miller & Kevin Williamson|
Directed by: Liz Friedlander
|22 September 2011||2.12/0.9||2||1.02|
|In an effort to distance herself from the Circle and establish a normal teenage life in Chance Harbor, Cassie befriends Sally Matthews, a non-witch. Concerned their powers are getting out of control, Diana pushes everyone to bind the Circle, but Faye is thrilled with the increase in her powers and refuses to participate, while Melissa flirts with Nick despite Faye's warnings. Meanwhile, Adam fights his growing feelings for Cassie, but circumstances continue to throw them together, forcing Cassie to make a decision.|
|Loner|| Written by: Richard Hatem |
Directed by: Colin Bucksey
|29 September 2011||2.12/1.0||3||1.03|
|A cute jock named Luke asks Cassie to the school dance, and after watching Adam spend time with Diana at the boathouse, she accepts his offer. Meanwhile, Melissa sees the dance as an opportunity to get closer to Nick. Faye, on the other hand, has no plans to go and remains focused on finding a way to control her powers. Dawn discovers someone from their past, an intense man named Zachary, is in town asking questions about the Cassie and the Circle, so she asks Charles to keep an eye on him.|
|Heather||6 October 2011||1.96/0.8||4||1.04|
|Cassie looks up an old friend of her mother's named Heather Barnes and discovers she has been in a catatonic state since the night of the fire sixteen years ago. Feeling guilty that her mother and her Circle may have had something to do with Heather's current state, Cassie tells Diana that she wants to use magic to help Heather. Diana refuses to help, but Faye is more than happy to conjure up a spell - for a price.|
13 October 2011
|Torn between her loyalties to the Circle and her family, Cassie wrestles with the secrets she must keep from her grandmother. Nick is thrown for a loop when Melissa adopts a new attitude and enlists his help to track down her family's Book of Shadows. Faye is also recruited but isn’t happy about being the third wheel. Meanwhile, Diana is craving some alone time with Adam and arranges a date night so they can rekindle the spark in their relationship, but all six of them are brought together to fight off a dark force that threatens to destroy the Circle from within. Completely unaware of the new danger encroaching on their children, Dawn joins Charles aboard his boat to further their plans for the Circle, but is surprised to find that Charles may have more than business on his mind.|
|Wake||Directed by: Guy Norman Bee|
Written by: Andrea Newman
|20 October 2011||2.12/0.9||6||1.06|
|When Jake, a mysterious young man, shows up in Chance Harbor, he learns a lot has changed since his last visit. For one, the girl he left behind, Faye has discovered she's a witch and has plans to get even with the handsome guy who broke her heart. To complicate things further, he sets his sights on the alluring Cassie, much to Adam and Faye's dismay.|
|Masked||Directed by: Charles Beeson|
Written by: Michelle Lovretta
|27 October 2011||2.33/1.0||7||1.07|
|Deciding the Circle needs to have a little fun, Faye convinces Cassie to throw a big Halloween party. Intent on wooing Jake back, Faye goes all out on her Halloween costume. After a fight with Diana, Adam turns to Cassie for advice. Meanwhile, some dangerous, uninvited guests set their sights on the Circle.|
Directed by: John Fawcett
|3 November 2011||2.26/0.9||8||1.08|
|After not hearing from her grandmother for a couple of days, Cassie becomes concerned and wants to go look for her. Diana decides the entire Circle should go in case Jane is in trouble. She also invites Jake along, much to Adam's dismay. A storm turns the day trip into an overnight excursion, so Faye suggests a little game of Truth or Dare to liven up the evening. However, things take a horrible turn when Faye is forced to reckon with someone from her past.|
|Balcoin||10 November 2011||2.17/0.8||9||1.09|
|Cassie and Jake look into her father's side of the family, hoping to discover more about her lineage and why she has powers separate from the Circle. Meanwhile, Adam becomes protective of Cassie when Faye reveals that Jake might be hiding something dangerous from them. At the same time, Adam's equally concerned when Melissa's cousin Holden comes to town and catches Diana's eye. A power shift forms between Charles and Dawn that threatens to destroy their plan|
Directed by: Chris Grismer
|5 January 2012||2.05/0.8||10||1.10|
|Cassie turns to Adam when she uncovers a secret about herself that she needs kept from the rest of the Circle, including Diana. Meanwhile, Diana is thrilled when her grandmother Kate drops in for a visit, but Charles is suspicious of his mother's motives after Kate takes an unusual interest in Cassie. Meanwhile, Faye recruits a mysterious stranger named Lee to help her with a spell that could change the balance of the Circle forever.|
|Fire/Ice||12 January 2012||1.93/0.8||11||1.11|
|Cassie asks Adam for help when she wants to look into her father’s past, and their search lead them to an eerily familiar place. It also rekindles an old flame when Adam, thrilled to be spending time with Cassie again, asks her to the Fire and Ice dance. But because of her friendship with Diana, Cassie is forced to give a surprising response. In an effort to be a better father, Ethan offers to chaperone the dance, much to Adam's dismay. Faye asks Lee to help her with a spell that would grant her individual magic. Unfortunately, the spell has some terrifying side effects that nearly destroys the Circle.|
|Witness|| Directed by: Eagle Egilsson|
Written by: Dana Baratta
|19 January 2012||1.63/0.7||12||1.12|
|Jake returns to Chance Harbor to warn Cassie that unless they find out how her father was killed in the boat fire 16 years ago, she'll meet with the same death. He suggests an extremely dangerous method to finally uncover what happened on that fateful day, but Adam and Diana suspect he has ulterior motives. In an effort to usurp the other, both Charles and Dawn try to get Ethan on board as an ally. Faye gets trapped in a dangerous situation when one of Lee's friends, Callum stops by the shop.|
|Medallion||2 February 2012||1.75/0.7||13||1.13|
|Cassie enlists the Circle's help when she receives a frightening warning about the witch hunters' return. At the same time, her true feelings for Adam and Jake surface during a birthday party that Ethan decides to throw with the help of Diana. Meanwhile, Faye and Melissa take their inner power to a chilling new level when they try a little of Lee's "Devil's Spirit".|
Directed by: David Barrett
|9 February 2012||1.82/0.8||14||1.14|
|In honor of the holiday, Faye and Melissa throw a girls only anti-Valentine’s Day slumber party for themselves and fellow witches Diana and Cassie. But the night gets wilder than expected when Melissa offers Diana some mood altering “Devil’s Spirit” and the first person Diana loosens up around is Lee, who crashes the party to help Faye achieve her own power. Meanwhile, Cassie is forced to turn to Adam and Jake after she becomes haunted by the spirits of some vengeful witches.|
|Return||Directed by: Brad Turner|
Written by: David Ehrman
|16 February 2012||1.76/0.8||15||1.15|
|Cassie is stunned when a notoriously evil figure from her past shows up on her doorstep. However, her surprise quickly turns to suspicion when he asks her to return the Medallion she found in the wreckage of the fire that killed their parents. Cassie storms off but is captured by Eben and his band of witch hunters. Jake offers to trade himself for Cassie’s freedom and when Adam realizes they’re in trouble he calls the Circle. Meanwhile, Faye and Diana are concerned when Melissa starts spending more time with Callum .|
|Lucky|| Directed by: Joshua Butler|
Written by: Katie Wech
|15 March 2012||1.62/0.7||16||1.16|
|Cassie catches Blackwell sneaking around the Abandoned House. After confiding in Adam, he tells her he knows Blackwell was looking for a device to drain witches’ powers and is clearly back to his old ways. Faye shows up at Lee’s house to invite him to the school fundraiser, but is taken aback when Eva greets her at the door claiming to be Lee’s girlfriend. Meanwhile, Melissa encourages Diana to date a normal guy and points her in the direction of a new, handsome guy in town, Grant. Dawn runs into Blackwell at the school but the reunion isn’t quite what she expected.|
|Curse|| Directed by: John Fawcett|
Written by: Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson
|22 March 2012||1.74/0.7||17||1.17|
|Blackwell warns Cassie and Adam that their love may be destiny, but it’s also a curse. He suggests they go visit her grandmother, Jane to find out if there is a spell to reverse it. Jane warns Cassie that someone in the Circle will die if the curse is awakened. Meanwhile, Eva starts stalking Faye and Charles makes his next move against Blackwell.|
|Sacrifice|| Directed by: Nick Copus|
Written by: David Ehrman
|29 March 2012||1.33/0.6||18||1.18|
|Jake gets a surprise visit from an old acquaintance named Samuel, a witch hunter, who has a message for Blackwell about Eben's surprising next move. Cassie intervenes, forces Samuel to reveal his news and is stunned to find out what Eben is trying to resurrect. Meanwhile, Diana is frustrated that keeping the secrets of who they are is building a barrier between her and Faye and Melissa agree to help out Adam at the Boathouse and in return get him to help them use their magic to enhance their love life.|
|Crystal|| Directed by: Omar Madha|
Written by: Micah Schraft
|19 April 2012||1.14/0.5||19||1.19|
|To protect themselves from the witch hunters, Jake, Cassie and Faye seek out Jake’s grandfather Royce, to find his family’s crystal and are confronted with disturbing theories about the events of sixteen years ago. Meanwhile, Diana tries to balance her pursuit of the Glaser crystal with Melissa and Adam with her romantic life with Grant, who demands to know what she’s hiding. At the same time, Callum attempts to re-insert himself into Melissa’s life. Charles and Jane plot their move against Blackwell.|
|Traitor|| Directed by: Eagle Egilsson|
Written by: Roger Grant & Katie Wech
|26 April 2012||1.5/0.5||20||1.20|
|When a crystal is magically stolen from the abandoned house, the Circle decides it was the traitor witch working with Eben so Jake calls for a meeting with Isaac to see if they can get him to change sides. Cassie’s loose grasp on her dark magic threatens to destroy any possible alliance when their pursuit of the traitor leads them to the “Creepiest Place on Earth.” Meanwhile, Faye and Jake work together to steal Dawn’s crystal, Melissa and Adam pair up and uncover a new magic trick. Meanwhile, a frustrated Diana reaches out to Charles for help.|
|Prom||Directed by: Alex Zakrzewski Written by: Don Whitehead and Holly Henderson||3 May 2012||1.23/0.6||21||1.21|
|It’s Prom night in Chance Harbor and after Adam uncloaks a crystal hidden in the school, Blackwell tells Cassie she can use her dark magic to find it. When Cassie follows this advice, it leads her to a dangerous discovery. Meanwhile, Faye invites Jake to Prom, despite the fact that he stood her up two years earlier. Adam, Diana, Cassie and Melissa finally make it to Prom but when they lose the crystal to Eben, they end up in a life and death situation. Meanwhile, Dawn attempts to stop Blackwell, who casts a deadly spell on Charles.|
|Family||Directed by: Dave Barrett Written by: Andrew Miller and Andrea Newman||10 May 2012||1.2/0.9||22||1.22|
|After Faye is attacked by the Witch Hunters, Jake, Melissa and Adam set out to save her. Blackwell tells Cassie and Diana that the only way to stop the Witch Hunters is to use their Balcoin blood to unleash the Crystal Skull. Diana is reluctant, but Cassie convinces her it’s the only way to help their friend, but she’ll need to tap into her dark magic to do it. Meanwhile, Dawn and Charles are faced with a new way to get their power back…but at a very big cost.|