Nicholas "Nick" Armstrong (born August 29, 1994) was the younger brother of Jake Armstrong, the son of Richard Armstrong, and Sara Armstrong, the grandson of Royce Armstrong, the boyfriend of Melissa Glaser, and also a member of the Chance Harbor Circle.
He started a "friends with benefits" relationship with fellow witch, Melissa Glaser, but the relationship became real after he was threatened by Faye Chamberlain. However, the relationship was short lived, as he was possessed by the demon, Abaddon, and was murdered by Charles.
Nick was a member of the Armstrong Family.
Nick was born on August 29, 1994, to Sara and Richard Armstrong, and spent his first few months of life with his older brother, Jake Armstrong.However, when he just a toddler, both of his parents were killed by witch hunters on the night of the Boatyard Fire sixteen years ago. Because of this, he was raised by his aunt and uncle.
He occasionally went fishing with Diana Meade. In his teens, he started a sexual relationship with Melissa Glaser. Sometime before Cassie Blake arrived, Nick found out he was a witch with the help of Diana, who discovered her Book of Shadows and learned about the Circle's history. Upon taking up ownership of the Abandoned House, he and Adam searched the place top to bottom, taking up magical artifacts that could be potentionally dangerous to the Circle.
Main Article: Nick Armstrong/Season One
Not much was known about his personality, except he was less troubled than his older brother Jake, and he had anger issues, at the same time insecure, despite this he generally cared about members of his circle and his girlfriend Melissa.
Nick had his father`s hair style resemble him closely. Other than that, Nick is shown to have light brown hair, tan skin, and blue/green eyes. He is also 5'9 in height.
Powers and Abilities
Main Article: Nick Armstrong/Relationships
Main article: Nick and Melissa
Nick dated Melissa and has a sexual relationship with her. She has feelings for him though he denies having feelings in return. Nick believes that Melissa is using him. Nick started to believe that he would never be the person Melissa wanted him to be and tells her that she deserves better. Nick tried to help Melissa when she was possessed by a demon which later possessed himself. Faye revealed to Melissa that Nick loved her the day of Nick's wake.
Main article: Faye and Nick
Nick was close to Melissa's friend Faye. They would often hang out together and Nick would give Faye an elixir he made. Faye would tell Nick to be nice with Melissa while they are in a relationship.
- Nick is a short form of Nicholas.
- Nicholas is from the Greek name Nikolaos which means "victory of the people". It is made of Greek nike meaning "victory" and laos meaning "people".
- Saint Nicholas was a 4th-century bishop from Anatolia who, according to legend, saved the daughters of a poor man from lives of prostitution. He is the patron saint of children, sailors and merchants, as well as Greece and Russia. He formed the basis for the figure known as Santa Claus (created in the 19th century from Dutch Sinterklaas), the bringer of Christmas presents.
- Due to the renown of saint Nicholas, this name has been widely used in the Christian world. It has been common in England since the 12th century, though it became a bit less popular after the Protestant Reformation.
- The name Nicholas has been borne by five popes and two czars of Russia.
- Nicolas Flamel was a successful French scrivener and manuscript-seller. After his death Flamel developed a reputation as an alchemist. Legends say that Flamel succeeded at the goal of Alchemy : to make the Philosopher's Stone. According Alchemy, the Philosopher's Stone had the power to turn base metals into gold and to give immortality through the "Elixir of Life". However, these legendary accounts only appeared in the seventeenth century.
- His last name, Armstrong means "strong arm" from the Old English earm and strang. It is said that the armour bearer to a King of Scots acquired this name after he rescued the monarch on a battlefield when the King's horse was killed under him. Because of his strength, he was known as Armstrong. A famous peron who also has this last name was Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon.
Notes and Trivia
- He was the second witch on the show to be killed by Charles Meade, but unlike Amelia Blake who was burned alive, Nick was drowned against his will. However, in both cases Charles used elements to kill both of them.
- It is also interesting to note that both of these killing methods are the only things that can kill a demon.
- Nick was the first person on the show to have a "shirtless" scene.
- He and his older brother, Jake, shared the same line "Hey, neighbor!" when they met Cassie Blake for the first time they met her.
- Unlike the books, Nick gets killed and doesn't get a very big role in the series aside from being the Traitor witch.
- In Crystal, Royce Armstrong has his birthdate listed as August 29, 1994 on his conspiracy wall. This makes him the oldest member of the original six circle members and the only one not born in 1995.
- Nick is revealed to be the traitor who has been helping the witch hunters, but escaped and killed a few of them.
- Nick is the only character that died more than once.
- His book counterpart has a romantic relationship with Cassie but in the series he dates Melissa instead.
- His zodiac sign is Virgo (August 23 - September 22). Virgo's symbol is the maiden, its element is earth, and its ruling planet is Mercury. Virgo is most compatible with someone who is either Taurus or Capricorn.
|This gallery shows four pictures, randomly selected, related to the subject of this article.|
A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be added there as well.
|Antagonists of Season 1|
|Dawn Chamberlain · Charles Meade · Zachary Larson · Heather Barnes · Abaddon · Melissa Glaser · Nick Armstrong · Simone · Isaac · Ian · Luke · Jake Armstrong · Eben · Nidaros Coven · Lucy Gibbons · Callum · Eva · John Blackwell · Samuel|