|The Secret Circle|
|Season 1, Episode 17|
March 22, 2012
CASSIE VISITS HER GRANDMOTHER AND LEARNS SOME STARTLING NEWS, FAYE GETS A STALKER AND CHARLES MAKES HIS MOVE
It was announced that the episode would premiere six days earlier - on the big screen - for the WB's WonderCon before its TV airing.
Blackwell warns Cassie and Adam that their love may be destiny, but it's also a curse. He suggests they go visit her grandmother, Jane to find out if there is a spell to reverse it. Jane warns Cassie that someone in the Circle will die if the curse is awakened. Meanwhile, Eva starts stalking Faye and Charles makes his next move against Blackwell .
Unaware of the multitudes of dead birds outside, Cassie and Adam revel in their post-coital afterglow. Blackwell is the first to discover the birds. Cassie is afraid her dark magic killed them, but Blackwell seems to already know they slept together, and that their togetherness is what caused the bird massacre. He says the curse has been activated, a curse that prevents their families from joining bloodlines. That’s what drove Cassie’s mother Amelia from Adam’s father, Ethan.
Faye runs into Eva again while looking for Lee. Eva smashes a glass jar by Faye’s head and Faye leaves, but later tells Melissa and Diana to help her search Lee’s car for clues.
Cassie and Blackwell visit her grandmother Jane, who isn’t doing well mentally and confuses Cassie for Amelia. Cassie plays along to get details about the curse. It’s on the Conants and the Blakes and was cast by a witch out of jealousy. If the curse is awakened, someone in the circle will die.
Cassie and Adam have to tell the circle about the curse, which is super awkward since they also have to explain how the curse came about.
The girls are healthy, but when Cassie leaves to check on Jake he has a fever and a strange case of throbbing veins.
Blackwell finds the recipe for an elixir that will stop the curse. He knows just where to get the rare ingredients – Calvin Wilson, who was killed by Jake months before. Calvin’s niece now runs the shop for her missing uncle and has every item save one, a root that Cassie, Adam, and Jake leave to hunt for. Jake starts to see Calvin’s ghost. Dawn tells Charles that Blackwell has visited Jane and worries that she might regain her memory. We are reminded that Charles killed Amelia, and if Blackwell finds out, he’s sure to want revenge. They pay a visit to Jane and out comes the crystal to mind-wipe her.
Faye, Melissa and Diana investigate Lee’s car. They don’t find much before the police arrive. Diana tries to sweet talk the officer, but when Melissa and Faye try to help her along by opening her shirt for her, they’re almost arrested. Eva arrives on the scene and gets them out of trouble. She claims Lee left behind the car and took his bike when he left. The girls leave.
Jake finds a water bottle in his bag but hallucinates it’s a witch cruet. He grows more and more confused, seeing Calvin in the shadows. Jake attacks Adam, thinking he’s Calvin. Cassie almost uses her dark magic to stop him, but Adam distracts her. Together they throw Jake off. Now they know Jake killed Calvin. Cassie finally finds the root they’re looking for, and they take some time to talk about dark magic and the power of their relationship.
Faye returns to Lee’s place and finds the bike that Eva says he left town on. Faye realizes that Eva has her magic thanks to the totem poles. Eva thinks Faye can fix Lee, but he’s very clearly dead and Faye refuses. Eva grows angry and starts to drain the life from Faye’s hand. She’ll only stop if Faye helps Lee. Faye makes up a ritual as she goes along, finding the totem under the bed Lee’s body rests on. Eventually she manages to snap it in half, and Eva loses her power.
Blackwell tells Cassie that she and Adam are the ones who have to take the elixir to break the curse, but once they take it they won’t remember why they loved each other. Their feelings will disappear. Adam is insistent that he won’t forget. They kiss one last time and drink the elixir.
Jake awakens fully healed but doesn’t feel worthy of being saved now that his murderous ways have been brought to light. Blackwell encourages him, saying a man can change. Downstairs, Cassie and Adam wake up together. Adam says he isn’t nervous like he used to be when he was around Cassie. Adam leaves and Cassie starts to freak out. It seems her feelings haven’t changed at all. Blackwell says her power must be too strong to be affected. He says he didn’t know this would happen, but the look on his face as she hugs her says differently. Charles visits Jane again, alone and late at night. This time he’s here to help her recover so that she can help him destroy John Blackwell. Dawn confronts Blackwell – there is no curse after all. Blackwell orchestrated the whole thing with his magic and he’s driving them apart because he’s afraid of their destiny. He tells Dawn that Amelia and Ethan wanted out of their circle, which would have left the rest of them vulnerable. He also brings up the witch hunters and that they must be working with a witch to use magic.
- Eva: "If I used your power to do it, you can help me bring Lee back."
- Faye: "He's dead!"
- Eva: "You're a witch. Do a spell. Bring him back!"
- Faye: "I'm not God, Eva. I can't just make someone alive. I unlock locks, I cheat at cards and I get hot pizza guys. I can't even do any of that without someone helping me!"
- Cassie: "Using dark magic is getting too easy."
- Adam: "But you stopped. That's because you and me are stronger than dark magic, or any of this."
- John: "Very creative, like your mother."
- Melissa: "I didn't realize you knew her that well."
- John: "Oh yeah, we spent hours in these woods and she showed me all the plants medicinal properties. You meant the world to her."
- Cassie: "My black magic did this."
- John: "No you and adam's magic."
- Adam: "It's not like we sat around casting dead bird spells."
- John: "No, I suggest you were engaged in other activities."
- Cassie: "OH GOD!"
- Jake: "It took a curse to figure out being with Adam was a colossal mistake?"
- Faye: "No one is dying. It's just a story your great greats told their kids so they wouldn't have sex. It's an abstinence program at work."
- Adam: "Cassie, there is no elixir that can make me forget how much I love you, not for long, I swear."
- Cassie: "I remember every moment we spent together. But like it was in a movie. Someone else's amazing movie."
|Athens||Lightyears - EP||Mansions On The Moon||Buy|
|Hit Me Down Sonny||Sounds from Nowheresville||The Ting Tings||Buy|
|Moon In My Mind||Interstellar||Frankie Rose||Buy|
|This gallery only shows the official pictures released for the episode your're looking for. A more complete gallery can be found here. Any future additions should be done there.|
- This episode premiered at the WB's WonderCon in March 2012 six days before its scheduled air date (March 22, 2012).
- This marks the return of Jane since the ninth episode Balcoin. Ashley Crow is credited again as a series regular like in the first nine episodes of the series, although she will only be credited in the episodes she appears in.
- A simliar thing happened on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. While on Buffy TVS, Angel lost his soul after he hooked up with Buffy, in The Secret Circle, Cassie and Adam were forced to put an end to their relationship if they didn't want Jake to die because of their "cursed" love.
The Secret Circle Episodes
|Pilot · Bound · Loner · Heather · Slither · Wake · Masked · Beneath · Balcoin · Darkness · Fire/Ice · Witness · Medallion · Valentine · Return · Lucky · Curse · Sacrifice · Crystal · Traitor · Prom · Family|